24/7 MOMS

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Race is on for Creative Easter Baskets


The race is on I have 5 days and 5 Easter baskets to fill with fun, creative and useable items.

Today as I began taking inventory of the items I have already collected for their baskets and making a list of things I needed to obtain this week, I began to wonder if other Moms were like me in desperate need of inspiration for fun and creative Easter basket ideas

Besides the Traditional chocolate bunnies, marshmallow peeps and jelly beans what else can we as Moms place in our kids Easter baskets?

With that question in my mind I sat down and typed out my official "Creating FUN Easter basket list for Moms" to assist us this week and keep on hand for future years.

First decision will I use the traditional Easter basket that is used each year or choose a double use Easter basket – fun and useful after Easter is over ?

Double use Easter basket ideas

Baseball Cap
Dump Truck
Dress-up Hat – fireman; army; hard hat, etc.
Doll stroller
Shopping Cart
Pillow Cases
Sand Pails
Wagon
Beach Bag
Purse
Sports Duffel Bag
Batters Bag
Flower Pot
Make-up Container
Decorated Paint can
Storage Containers
Back Pack
Fishing Tackle Box
Jewelry Box


Next decision will I create a smorgasbord basket filled with various items or choose a theme for their Easter baskets?

Optional theme Easter basket ideas

Sports
Gardening
Barbie
Action figures
Science
Vehicles
Animals
Disney Characters
Beach/Summer
Teen Vogue
Crafts/Art
Princess
Super Hero


Next comes choosing the fun creative filler ideas. Which can be challenging with such the age range of children in my home – I’ve made two lists to assist us one for younger kids and one for the pre-teen/teenagers.

Kid Filler Ideas

Side walk chalk
Crayons, Markers, paints
Color books/ coloring pads
Yo-Yo’s
Bubbles
Squirt Guns
Swim Goggles
Blow-up rafts, swim toys
Balls
Polly pockets
Play-do
Silly putty
Action Figures
Barbie and accessories
Webkinz’s
Frisbee
Cards/ small games
Jump rope
Books
Tooth Brush/Paste
CD’s
DVD’s
Flip Flops
Aqua Socks
Swim Suit
Hair bows, bands, ribbons
Jewelry


Pre-Teen / Teenager Filler Ideas

Candles
Make-up
Lotions
Hair products
Gift Cards – Starbucks; Jamba Juice; Mc Donald’s; Border and Books; iTunes
Shaving cream and razor
Wallets
Jewelry
Flip flops
Sun glasses
Swim Suit
Beach towel
Nail Polish
Stationary/note cards
Movie Tickets
Journal
Magazine
Sun/tanning lotion
Tooth brushes/paste
Books
CD’s
DVD’s
Frisbee

Helpful hints:

* Think of items you will most likely be buying them over the next few months for your Child/Teen such as Swim Suit, Flip Flops Sun glasses etc. These make great Easter Basket fillers

*What hobbies or interest does your child or teen have – Reading; Sports; Crafts; Gardening; Music; etc.

*My Favorite places to shop for Easter fillers are Dollar Tree; Dollar store; Wal-Mart; Target ; Michaels craft store; sale and clearance items

I hope these lists and thoughts have helped you in this weeks race to fill your children’s Easter baskets...Get Ready.... Get Set..... Go…..

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger gigharborscrapper said...

Does a premade basket purchased at the last minute and slung at the door count? I am not sure the Easter bunny will get a ticket to Hawaii this year to deliver...we will see.

March 18, 2008 at 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really needed this. I just started buying for my baskets yesterday...so I am in desperate need of filling my baskets this week!! By the way, Valerie, the Easter bunny does come to Hawaii...at least he did a few years ago!! :) Have fun!
Missy

March 18, 2008 at 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to think of something creative to use for Noah's basket. I amd using a bean bag chair (Hannah Montana of course) for Emma's - LOL - I guess the Easter bunny will have to leave it on the front porch this year. Oh, and Val, I always make my kiddos baskets - but they LONG for the store bought ones!
Lori

March 18, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home