24/7 MOMS

Friday, April 11, 2008

Trisha's Friday Favorites

It's FRIDAY and I found some GREAT favorites this week





Favorite BOOK of the Week


“IT Girls guide to Blogging with Moxie” – By Joelle Reeder & Katherine Scoleri
Are you a newbie blogger and need some simple “how tos”? This is the book for YOU! I checked it out from my local library, and it was so full of great tips, ideas and information that I have now ordered my own copy from Amazon. It is one of those books I know I will refer to over and over again as a newbie blogger.
This book is broken down in simple steps for creating a blog and explains the blogging world to you. Once you read this book you will feel like an expert in blogging.



I’d love to know if you are a blogger, so comment and leave us your blog address.



Favorite STORE of the week
While in Arizona I stopped in at “Home Goods” and became instantly addicted to this store. I was a TJ Maxx shopper, but I had no idea there was such a store by TJ Maxx filled ONLY with incredible HOME stuff.
The store was packed full of dishes, bedding, pictures, decorations and pillows like I’ve never seen before, and the prices were amazingly cheap... WOW!
If you have a “Home Goods” in your area and have yet to stop in, take this as a warning - you might get addicted. I know I already am and will now search for these on our vacations.

What was your favorite store this week?

Favorite Dessert this week
Ice Cream Crepes – Oh so YUMMY The Novotnys love crepes, especially filled with strawberries and whipped cream. This is why my little chef daughter Savannah thought they would be yummy filled with ice cream. So, she and I created the YUMMIEST, and I mean YUMMIEST, crepe desserts.
We filled store bought crepes with Dreyers Banana Nut ice cream, sliced fresh strawberries and bananas on top of the ice cream, then folded the crepe closed and drizzled hot fudge sauce on top with a few more strawberries and bananas, and topped it off with whipped cream. It not only tasted amazing, but it looked amazing – a SIMPLE and FAST dessert.

What was your Favorite dessert this week?

Favorite BARGAIN of the weekMy bargain of the week comes from Macy's. It is Clinque make-up bonus time - you get a FREE 7-piece gift with any $21.50 purchase.
My girls are also Clinque buyers so they LOVE these freebies with purchase.
This offer is good until April 20, 2008.

Did you find a great BARGAIN this week? Comment and share it with us.



Favorite FREEbie of the week
My Favorite Freebie this week is one I found for my Husband. McDonalds is jumping into the coffee wars and has launched their new McCafés.
To get your coffee lovers to stop by they are giving away a free small McCafe espresso drink at 112 Western Washington locations.

Since I am the NON–Coffee drinker in our house, my husband and #1 son are happy to use these coupons. Print your FREEbie Espresso coupon at http://unsnobbycoffee.com/ Coupon expires 4/18/2008

Did you find a FREEbie this week? Comment and share it with us
That is it for this weeks Friday Favorites.....What are your Friday Favorites leave us a comment.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Thanks for making us Book of the Week! We're so glad you enjoyed it. :)

Kathy Scoleri

April 11, 2008 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Heather Hernandez said...

A great book for bloggers! And interesting to hear about McCafe - new to me!

April 12, 2008 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger Niki Jolene said...

Great freebies..thanks for sharing!

I think the best freebie I found this week was a coupon for a free Scotch Brite toilet scrubber.

http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/scotchbrite/images/coupons/MSL_DTSCoupon_4-2008.pdf

April 12, 2008 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger MOMMY said...

We have a Home Goods here-my grandmother does her weekly "Home Goods Therapy" there! I can look around the family room and see at least 4 things on one wall that have come from there-great store!!!

Great site! I just found you and subscribed to your newsletter.
http://journalofamomma.blogspot.com/

April 12, 2008 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger momisbestjob said...

Love your crepe creation...leave it to Savannah to think of putting ice cream in it! Just like her dad!

April 12, 2008 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

If you live in WA, here is a great bargain for you...

KidsQuest Museum in Factoria, WA- 2 for 1 coupon

http://www.kbtc.org/page.php?id=32

April 12, 2008 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Bekah said...

Commenting to let you know I blog!

My favorite freebie this week was at Freebies 4 Mom - the Kashi granola:)

April 14, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home