Let's Make a Meal Mondays
With the recent increase in prices at my local grocery store, and with a busy family of 7 to feed, I have begun searching for creative and frugal ways to feed my family.
One way is the Cook Once, Eat Twice method . I cook a meal on one night and it feeds us for two nights, but my kids have no idea they are actually eating left-overs because the two meals seem completely different.
While surfing for some new Cook Once, Eat Twice receipes I came across Kelly Donlea’s site -http://www.organizingdinner.com/ - full of yummy recipes and resources when it comes to meal planning.
Here is ONE of her Cook Once Eat Twice recipes that I am sure you will enjoy and find simple to create TWO meals out of.
Night One - Grilled Flank Steak
1 2 1/2 lb. flank steak
1 cup Italian dressing
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp finely diced garlic
- Mix together Italian dressing, vinegar and garlic.
- Place steak in a baking dish, or Ziploc bag, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover steal with marinade and refrigerate fro at least 4 hours.
- Bring steak to room temperature before grilling.
- Grill over medium-high heat fro 4 minutes each side.
- Cut across the grain and serve in strips.
2 tsp lime juice
3 T olive oil
1 tsp cumin
½ large onion, cut into strips
1 green pepper, cut into strips
Leftover flank steak, cut into strips
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium sized pan on stove, warm olive oil, lime juice and cumin.
- Add onions and peppers, stirring frequently, and cook until glazed.
- Add steak and stir until warmed through.
- On tortillas, serve steak topped with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese with sour cream as desired.
Do you have a favorite Cook Once, Eat Twice recipe? Share it with the 24/7 MOMS by leaving a comment or emailing it to email@example.com .