24/7 MOMS

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dogs Need Sleep To


Are you tired, exhausted, overwhelmed, and ready for a nap? I remember the days when I would lay my little ones down for their 3 hour nap (yes, my kiddos took 3 hour naps). I often dreamt of joining them or taking the 3 hours to relax and take some Me time. Then reality would set in, and I knew I had 3 hours to get life in order, catch up on my housework, pay bills, get dinner ready, fold another load of laundry, make phone calls, and the list went on. So, the Nap and Me time had to remain a dream not a reality. But, oh how much I needed some Me time to refuel.
After 19 years on this Mom journey I realize the importance of taking some Mom Time to refuel, so that I can give back to my family. This is why 24/7 Moms is offering a 2-day Moms conference for You - the Mom who desperately needs time for herself - Time to Laugh, Time to Be Inspired, Time to Connect with other Moms, Time to Get Equipped, and Time to Refuel.

Check out the 24/7 Moms Conference at http://www.247momsconference.com/. Register by August 1, 2008, and receive a $10.00 discount!
A friend sent me this story and I thought maybe you, too, could get a good LOL (laughing out loud). Relate to it, and think about the 24/7 Moms Conference as your escape rather than your neighbors home.
An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard; I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleepAn hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come along with him tomorrow?'

Do you ever feel that way?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home