24/7 MOMS

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Indiana’s Call never came

As the hours went by, and the time continued to tick away, the much anticipated call never came. Then I had a "YOU'VE GOT MAIL" moment. There it was - an email from my Indiana (#1 Son).

So, I thought I’d share his first email home to us with you:

hey mom & dad. sorry i cannot figure out how to use this calling card  so i will have to buy a new one tomorrow so i can get in contact. the flight went well, we landed early... it took me a bit to figure how to get to my hostel, but i made it here, have my bed, etc. tomorrow i plan to explore london... i'm very close to the London Tower Bridge, & supposedly they have a great free tour where I can see a 317-carat diamond, crazy huh? hope all is well with the family. love u guys tons, talk to you soon.-- -Stephen

He did it, or should I say did it - I made it through the first day. Believe me, they tell us about how the years fly by. Well, enjoy them now. It is so true! I still can not believe my baby boy is 19, and off to Europe alone, only to arrive home to embark into the world of college next month.

Moms, enjoy each and every moment with your kids. Yes, it can be exhausting and overwhelming at times, but embrace the everyday moments you have with your kids. It truly flies by, and before you know it you, too, will be sending your first one off to college. Hopefully, not on a solo trip to Europe like my Indiana.


“The days are long but the years are short”

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home