24/7 MOMS

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My #1 Favorite Internet spoof

I know, I know that this is an email spoof, but It makes me laugh each time it arrives into my in-box, and I really want to know if any of you 24/7 MOMS have actually baked this very yummy sounding recipe. If you have, comment and tell us how these cookies turned out, or send your comments to us at trisha@247moms.com

Here is the top internet spoof, in my opinion:


A little background: Neiman-Marcus, if you don't know already, is a very expensive store; i.e., they sell your typical $8.00 T-shirt for $50.00.

Let's let them have it! THIS IS A TRUE STORY!

My daughter and I had just finished a salad at a Neiman-MarcusCafe In Dallas, and we decided to have a small dessert. Becauseboth of us are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the 'Neiman-Marcus cookie.' It was so excellent that I asked if they would giveme the recipe, and the waitress said with a small frown, 'I'm afraidnot, but you can buy The Recipe.' Well, I asked how much, andshe responded, ' Only two fifty - it's a Great deal!' I agreed to that,and told her to just add it to my Tab.

Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement, and the Neiman-Marcus Charge was $285.00! I looked again, and I remembered Ihad only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf.As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said,'Cookie Recipe-$250.00.' That was Outrageous! I called Neiman'sAccounting Department and told them the waitress said it was'two fifty', which clearly does not mean 'two hundred and fiftydollars' by any reasonable interpretation of the phrase.

Neiman-Marcus refused to budge. They would not refund my moneybecause, according to them, 'What the waitress told you is not ourproblem. You have already seen the Recipe. We absolutely will notrefund your money at this point.' I explained to the AccountingDepartment lady the criminal statutes which govern fraud in the Stateof Texas I threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureauand the Texas Attorney General's office for engag ing in fraud. I wasbasically told, 'Do what you want. Don't bother thinking of how youcan get even, and don't bother trying to get any of your money Back.'I just said, Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going to have$250 worth of fun. I told her that I was going to see to it that everyCookie Lover in the United States with an e-mail account has a $250cookie recipe From Neiman-Marcus...for free. She replied, 'I wish youwouldn't do this.' I said, 'Well, perhaps you should have thought ofthat before you ripped me off!' and slammed down the phone.

So here it is!

Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of.I paid $250 for this, and I don't want Neiman-Marcus to EVER make another penny off of this re cipe!



NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES (Recipe may be halved)

2 cups butter

24 oz. Chocolate chips

4 cups flour

2 cups brown sugar

2 tsp. Soda

1 tsp. Salt

2 cups sugar

1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grat ed)

5 cups blended oatmeal

4 eggs

2 tsp. Baking powder

2 tsp. Vanilla

3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together withflour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda . Add chocolate chips,hershey bar, and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches aparton a cookie Sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.Makes 112 cookies.


If you have made these cookies, tell us by leaving a comment or email us at
trisha@247moms.com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard that e-mail about the Neiman-Marcus cookie, I was told (waaayyyy back when) that this was Mrs. Fields cookie recipe. I didn't get it through e-mail - but through a friend. I have made them and they are SUPER yummy!!
Lori Reno

September 20, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never made these cookies, but my parents have. They make them every year at Christmas time, so we all get the blessing of consuming these DELICIOUS treats!!! The best part is eating them knowing the story behind the recipe!! :)
Missy Evenson

September 23, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home