24/7 MOMS

Monday, April 20, 2009

"Soups on" - Simple Minestrone



"Soups on" - I have a new YUMMY soup recipe that I tried out last week on my family. I found it in my Pillsbury "The Slow Cooker" cookbook. This is definitely a 24/7 MOMS approved recipe. Simple, Yummy and Kid loved.

Two - Bean Minestrone Soup
Ingredients:

2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 medium onion, halved crosswise cut into thin wedges
1 medium stalk celery chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 (14oz.) cans vegetable or chicken broth
1 (19oz.) can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1 (15.5 or 15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian-seasoned stewed tomatoes, un-drained, cut up
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup Green Giant Frozen Cut Leaf Spinach, thawed
3 oz. uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds (3/4 cup)
Directions:

1. In 3/12 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except spinach and spaghetti; mix well.

2. Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours

3. About 20 minutes before serving, stir thawed spinach and spaghetti into soup. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender.

Makes 6 ( 1 1/2- cup)servings.

REAL MOM TIPS:
1. I pre-cooked my spaghetti noodles and placed them in each soup bowl then poured soup over them.
2. I pre- cooked the spinach and only placed it in the bowls of those that wanted spinach in their soup.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home