24/7 MOMS

Monday, July 20, 2009

Let's Make A Meal - Bruschetta



One of my FAVORITE summer meals or appetizers is Bruschetta, especially when we are able to create it using fresh ingredients from our own garden.

My husband is the chef when it comes to Bruschetta and I have to admit he make the best I have ever had.

Steve's SECRET Bruschetta
His Secret is using garden fresh , vine ripened tomatoes.

Ingredients:

8-10 Vine ripe Tomatoes (chopped)
2-3 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 extra virgin olive oil
10-15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
kosher salt to taste
1/4 tsp pepper

Sliced cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1-2 French baguette loaves

1. Toss together your tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper into a bowl.

2. Slice French baguette in 1" slices, place on cookie sheet. Toast in oven using the broiler.

3. Place Bruschetta mixture on top of toasted baguette along with a slice of your choice of cheese.

ENJOY!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The 4-Crows Blog said...

Thanks for sharing, yummy!

July 21, 2009 at 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Tricia said...

I luv luv this stuff and now I can make my own thanks

July 21, 2009 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

I'm a subscriber

July 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger hd connelly said...

just curious - where did you get the photo of the tomatoes?

August 20, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home