Pirate’s Booty Offers Tips on a Healthier Start to the School Year and chance to WIN
As the blissful summer days packed with ice cream, Italian ices and barbeque come to an end, parents might be thinking about how to start their kids off right when they return to school by packing delicious, but nutritious lunches.
We at Pirate’s Booty, makers of deliciously baked all-natural snacks made from puffed rice and corn, first developed our products specifically for kids in 1986 – before healthy snacks even hit the marketplace. The motto at Pirate’s Booty is that no matter the age – tot to teen – children need to learn how to eat healthy and balanced to sustain good eating habits for life.
Luckily, our resident pirate and healthy living expert is here to offer some healthful tips for a “Back to School: Brown Bag Makeover”:
- Lay Off the Meat Pie – Opt for leaner meats like turkey or chicken that are low in fat, but high in protein, so your child can grow up big and strong.
- Open the Hatch – Expand the range of foods in your child’s repertoire to include a little from each food group – grains, protein, dairy, fruits and vegetables.
- Cut the Sugar, Scallywag – Avoid over sugary snacks and cakes and your child will surely avoid the inevitable energy crash and possible weight gain.
- Avast ye the Salt – Super salty snacks can dehydrate a youngling, so watch the sodium intake
- Don’t Drop the Snack Anchor – Noshing on snacks that are low in sugar and fat will keep a child’s energy up for that big test in between breakfast and lunch.
Pirate’s Booty is a perfect fit for the “Don’t Drop the Snack Anchor” tip above, as our products are low in fat, trans-fat and gluten free as well as tree-nut free, so it’s perfect for the kiddies. Pirate’s Booty comes in great subtle flavors like Aged White Cheddar, Barbeque, Veggie, Bermuda Onion and Sea Salt & Vinegar. Pirate’s Booty tastes so good, that kids don’t even realize they’re eating something nutritious!
Now, look out for Pirate’s Booty six packs at your local grocer – the one ounce sized bags are the perfect addition to a healthy lunch.
Check out our web site to learn about other great tasting snacks available.
Snack like a renegade with healthy fun deliciousness. Let’s weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen!WIN:
24/7 MOMS and Pirate's Booty
are giving away one Treasure Chest of Booty
. To enter for your chance to win:
1. Become a 24/7 MOMS Subscriber Enter your email address below then leave a comment that you subscribed. Make sure you leave a way for us to get a hold of you!
2. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment that you are a subscriber. US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on September 6th, 2009.