Recipes From The Big Hair Party
The 24/7 MOMS Big Hair party had some yummy appetizers ans sweet treats that our guest moms created to share during our live party. We shared them wit yo during the webcast and NOW we have the recipes so you can now create your own yummy snacks.
Pumpkin Pie Dip - from: Recipezaar
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling (pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- apple, slices
Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add pie filling, cinnamon, and ginger, beating well.
Cover and chill 8 hours.
Serve with gingersnaps and apple slices.
Oven-Fried Coconut Chicken
from: Kathy Berry
1 C flaked coconut
½ C fine dry seasoned bread crumbs
½ C low-fat buttermilk
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approx. 2 lbs)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Cube chicken (2 “ or so) or cut into strips. Working in batches, place into shallow pan with buttermilk.
3) In separate shallow dish, mix together coconut and bread crumbs.
4) Roll the chicken coated in buttermilk into coconut mixture until covered on all sides.
5) Spray a 15 x 10 x 1 or a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan with non-stick spray and arrange coated chicken pieces on tray so pieces don’t touch.
6) Drizzle the melted butter over the chicken pieces and bake for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (170 degrees).
Serve with rice and a vegetable for dinner or with dipping sauce for an appetizer. (Trader Joe’s and Costco sell a sweet chili sauce that is delicious with the chicken.)
Festive Chicken Cheese Dip
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, bouillon granules and cayenne pepper. Beat until smooth.
3. Spread mixture into a 9" x 9" casserole dish. Top with chicken, bacon, tomato, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot & bubbly. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips
White Chocolate Covered Popcorn
from: Michelle Faussett
1 bag microwave popcorn (approx. 6-8 cups)
2 - 1 oz squares Baker's White Chocolate melted according to directions on box
Pop popcorn - remove all the old maids ( un-popped kernels)
Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn stirring as you drizzle the chocolate.
Eat & Enjoy.