24/7 MOMS

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Butterfinger Souvenir


It was a Sunday morning and Nate was rehearsing his memory verse over and over again so that he was ready to share it with his Children’s church director. He had it down and was fully prepared .


Off to church we went memory verse in our heads and bibles in our hands – I dropped off the boys to their class with a quick hug and Ill see you after church reminder.


An hour later I arrived to pick my boys up and as we exited I asked Nate if he had recited his memory verse today? He responded by handing me a Butterfinger candy bar wrapper in which he replied "yes, and I saved you the wrapper as a souvenir of the candy bar I was given and now is in my tummy.


First I laughed thinking he actually saved me the wrapper as a souvenir -then I thought how this wrapper was actually a great reminder of not only had Nate absorbed a candy bar into his body today but he has also absorbed the word of God into his heart today .


As a mom I want my children to daily absorb God’s word into their heats and I'd be happy to collect empty candy bar wrappers as souvenirs if it means they are filling up on God’s word.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mom To A Four Year Old said...

He's so sweet! I would also love receiving those wrappers as a reminder that he did remember his verse for the day. I want to apply this simple strategy to my daughter. Thanks for the idea!

July 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Alokita Bose said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 25, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home