Valentine Bagel and Cream Cheese
Super Simple and yummy
1 bag of store bough bagels
1 container strawberry flavored cream cheese
1. Split bagel in half
2. Place heart shaped cookie cutter on top of bagel, fill with 1 -2 tbs cream cheese and spread into cookie cutter. remove cookie cutter. You should now have a heart shape of cream cheese.
3. Remove stems from strawberries, Slice whole strawberries in half , cut a V at top of berry to create a heart looking berry. Now place your heart shaped strawberry in the middle of the cream cheese.Heavenly Heart Shaped Pancakes
from : Nestle
Pamper your Valentine with this charming recipe for Heavenly Heart-Shaped Pancakes. Dotted with mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels and sprinkled with powdered sugar, this fun breakfast treat brings a touch of heaven to kids and adults alike.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Servings: 18 pancakes
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups milk
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil, plus more for the griddle and cookie cutters
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3-inch heart-shaped metal cookie cutters (optional)
COMBINE flour, morsels, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine milk, eggs, oil and brown sugar in medium bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter may be lumpy).
HEAT griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle into the shape of a heart; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn; continue to cook about 1 minute longer or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter. (For perfectly shaped pancakes, brush inside of cookie cutters with oil; place on griddle. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the cookie cutters and cook until bubbles begin to burst. Remove cookie cutters. Turn; continue to cook about 1 minute longer or until golden.)
SPRINKLE with powdered sugar before serving.
Heart-Shaped Eggs and Toast
from: Martha Stewart
Why settle for ordinary eggs and toast when you can show your love with this version?
Using a 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, remove the center of a thick slice of bread, and toast it. Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Place bread slice in skillet, and cook until underside is lightly browned. Add another 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, and flip bread. Fit cookie cutter, coated with cooking spray, in bread's cutout heart, and crack an egg into cutter. Cover skillet, and cook until egg is set, 2 to 3 minutes. Use tongs to remove cutter. Serve with toasted heart for dipping into yolk.
Cut-Out Heart Scrambled Eggs
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- Crack the eggs into a glass mixing bowl and beat them until they a light yellow color.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the milk to the eggs and salt and pepper. Whisk mixture fro about 2-3 minutes . Or you can use an electric beater or stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whatever device you use, you're trying to beat as much air as possible into the eggs.
- When the butter in the pan is hot enough to make a drop of water hiss, pour in the eggs. Don't stir! Let the eggs cook for up to a minute or until the bottom starts to set.
- With a heat-resistant rubber spatula, gently push one edge of the egg into the center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow the still liquid egg to flow in underneath. Repeat with the other edges, until there's no liquid left.
- Your eggs should now resemble a bright yellow pancake, which should easily slide around on the nonstick surface. If it sticks at all, loosen it with your spatula.
- Now gently flip the egg pancake over, using your spatula to ease it over if necessary. Cook for another few seconds, or until there is no uncooked egg left.
- Turn off heat and take heart shaped cookie cutters of various sizes and cut-out heart shapes of your omelet...My version of Scrambled eggs.
Cut-out Heart French Toast
6 1" thick slices bread
1/4 c Milk
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 ts Almond extract
2 tb Butter or margarine
1. Using a 3 1/2" Heart cookie cutter cut out heart shapes from each bread slice.
2. Whisk milk, eggs and almond extract in a shallow dish until to make your egg mixture.
3. Dip each heart shaped bread slices into egg mixture, coat both sides
4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet or hot griddle; Places slices of bread ( hearts) in pan or on griddle and cook over medium heat about 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a oven safe plate or dish , and keep warm in oven at 175 degrees..
Sprinkle heart French toast with powdered sugar and garnish with strawberries .Cranberry Kissed Cinnamon Rolls
From : Cooks Recipes
- 2 (1 pound each) frozen white yeast bread dough, thawed - divided use
2 tablespoons butter, softened - divided use
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels - divided use
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, coarsely chopped - divided use
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons milk
- Grease two 9-inch-round baking pans.
- Roll 1 bread loaf into 16 x 10-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- Spread 1 tablespoon softened butter over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle 2 tablespoons over dough leaving 1/2-inch border around sides. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup morsels and 1/2 cup cranberries, firmly pressing morsels and cranberries into dough.
- Roll up dough tightly, starting at short end; seal edges with water. Cut into 6 slices; place cut side up in prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining bread loaf, butter, sugar mixture, 3/4 cup morsels and cranberries; place in second prepared baking pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until dough almost fills pans, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes in pans on wire racks.
- Melt remaining morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in powdered sugar and milk to make a stiff glaze. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls.
Labels: Meal Time, Recipes