24/7 MOMS

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Get Yourself Some MOM Friends

Almost two years ago I began meeting weekly with a small group of moms who have become my mom inspiration, filters, confidants, advice givers and  prayer partners  - Each week we meet we discuss the current mom bible study we are reading together, we share our mom challenges, we cry, we laugh, we share the good the bad and the ugly of life together - and each week I leave knowing I have a group of moms who are traveling the mom journey with me.

Why am I telling you about this amazing group of moms I meet with because I want to encourage you if you don't already have a group of moms who are traveling the journey with you to go get your self some mom friends.  I know at times it is not easy to find them but don't give up take the initial step to reach out to other moms to offer to host a small mom group in your own home, find a mom group to join such as MOPS ( mothers of preschoolers), or MOMSnext, call your local church to see if they have an existing mom group.

When creating your own mom group keep it simple invite a few moms over, serve coffee and a simple treat ( rotate bringing treats with the moms), choose a bible study you are all interested in that does not require a lot of homework and meet on a regular basis.

In need of a Bible/Book study idea:

My 6 Favorite Studies:

1. What Happens When Women Say Yes To God. by: Lysa TerKeurst
2. The Power of a Positive mom. by: Karol Ladd
3. A Mom's Ordinary Day Bible Studies ( series by: various authors)
4. Wisdom For Mothers by Denise Glenn
5. A Mom After God's Own Heart by: Elizabeth George
6. He Speaks To Me by: Priscilla Shirer

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home