24/7 MOMS

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Frugal Greeting Cards


Greeting cards can almost cost as much as the gift these days, and personally I would rather put the money toward a nicer gift than a card. I know, I know - the wonderful words written in these cards can be very meaningful. So, how do we cut back yet still share meaningful thoughts?

1. Boxed greeting card assortment – I have, over the years, purchased boxes of miscellaneous greeting cards at my local warehouse ( Costco) or Target stores. These have not only saved me money, but have saved me time when I am in a last minute situation needing a card.


2. Dollar Store Cards – Plan ahead and purchase multiple cards for upcoming birthdays, graduations, Father's day and other events you will need greeting cards for and purchase them on your next Dollar Store trip, saving you both money and time.


3. Create your own cards - using scarp book supplies, stamping kits or even right off the good ole’ computer.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bren said...

Making you own cards is a great way to make sure that you always have the exact right card at the exact right time! Consider creating a whole slew of cards that can be used for multiple occasions and then just add an appropriate greeting at the last minute.

What better way to show someone you were REALLY thinking about them when you give them a handmade card?

October 27, 2011 at 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Ellen Marie "Mama" Pike said...

Thanks for the reminders about ways to cut costs with greeting cards. I have never purchase a box from Costco and intend to now that I read your post.

October 27, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home